In medical terms stretch marks are known as 'Striae Atrophicae.' They are commonly seen on thighs, breasts, abdomen area, upper arms, hips, etc. These marks are caused due to sudden loss and gain of weight, pregnancy, obesity, swelling, tumor, side effects of the steroids, etc. When the epidermis (that is the top layer of the skin) is expanded beyond its elasticity, these white or silver lines occur on the skin. There are several home remedies that are effective in curing & preventing these marks. One of them is castor oil.
Castor Oil & Stretch Marks
Castor oil is found effective in curing several skin issues. These enlist wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, skin discoloration, etc. Ayurveda and Homeopathic science strongly recommends this oil to cure & prevent the stretch marks as well. The method of application is quite simple:
- · Take a substantial amount of castor oil and rub it over the affected area.
- · Form a thick layer of this oil here.
- · Then cover it with a saran wrap.
- · You may also choose to wrap it with a plastic sheet.
- · Now apply heat to this area for at least 20 to 25 minutes. You can do this using a hot water bottle or a heating pad.
- · You can also do it for 45 minutes at a stretch.
- · Continue the drill once a day, for at least 7 days.